Here is a list of prayer points for finding a godly husband that you can pray with in your search for one.
As believers, we are to acknowledge the Lord in all that we do, that is, bring our heart desires before Him so that He can direct our path (See Proverbs 3:5-6, KJV).
Marriage is an institution established by the Lord, therefore, there is a need to ask for His guidance through prayer as we embark on the journey.
Who else would know or have the template for the right choice than the one who initiated the institution in the first place? So, it is important to pray for his leading as you take the first step into the institution.
Having said that, let’s now jump-in into praying these prayer points for finding a godly husband, no time wasting.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For My Future Husband
Prayer Points For Finding A Godly Husband
The following are prayer points for finding a godly husband you can pray in your quest for a man after God’s heart:
1. Pray and thank God for His mind and His interest in your marital journey in Jesus’ name.
And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.(Genesis 2:18, KJV).
2. Pray and ask that the Lord leads and guides you in finding a godly husband in Jesus’ name.
And he said, O LORD God of my master Abraham, I pray thee, send me good speed this day, and shew kindness unto my master Abraham.(Genesis 24:12, KJV).
3. Pray that God in His infinite mercy shall open your eyes to areas you need to concentrate and be deliberate on while finding a godly husband in Jesus’ name. (See Genesis 24:13-14, KJV).
4. Pray and ask the Lord that you shall be sensitive to Him even as you rely on His help in finding a godly husband in Jesus’ name.
5. Pray and ask the Lord for the patience needed as you hold on to Him in finding a godly husband in Jesus’ name.
6. Pray and ask the Lord to grant unto you the spirit of wisdom and understanding such that you are able to understand the operations of God as regards finding a godly husband in Jesus’ name.
7. Pray and ask for spiritual discernment in your search for a godly husband so that you are not deceived by mere appearance of “wolf in sheep clothing” in Jesus’ name. (See Matthew 7:15-16, KJV)
8. Pray and ask the Lord that you know the right questions to ask as you find your godly husband in Jesus’ name.
9. Pray and declare that your steps are ordered of the Lord, such that you are at the right place, at the right time. You know the right thing to say and to do, and you act right in finding a godly husband in Jesus’ name.
10. Pray that your mind is open to the opportunities that the Lord is orchestrating on your behalf in Jesus’ name.
11. Pray and ask that with the help of the Holy Spirit, you pull down strongholds and imaginations militating against your finding a godly husband in Jesus’ name (See 2 Corinthians 10:4-5, KJV).
12. Pray and tell the Lord that you repent of all wrong doctrines and beliefs that are standing against your finding a godly husband in Jesus’ name.
13. Pray and tell the Lord that His words become the driving force in your finding a godly husband in Jesus’ name.
14. Pray and declare that you grow and display godly characters all the time you are watching, waiting and praying to meet him, in Jesus name.
15. Pray and ask the Lord to give you his very own son in marriage, a man that’s actually born again, thoroughly saved and walking in the light of the new life in Christ, in Jesus name.
The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son. (Matthew 22:2, KJV)
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Spiritual Warfare Prayers For Marriage
16. Pray and declare that the Lord keeps you from any form of evil and deception in your quest for His will for you in marriage, in Jesus name.
17. Pray and ask the Lord to give you insights into the hearts of men, that you have an understanding of men’s psychology for proper and effective relationship, in Jesus name.
18. Pray that the Lord shall give you a man after His heart, who will love you as Christ loves the church in Jesus’ name.
19. Pray that the Lord leads you to faithful men who are committed to a cause, to Him and would be to you in Jesus’ name.
20. Pray and ask that the Lord leads you to a man of integrity, who is known for what he stands for in Jesus’ name.
21. Pray that the godly man you shall find would always be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit in all that he does in Jesus’ name
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.(Romans 8:14, KJV).
22. Pray and ask the Lord that the godly husband you shall find would be a man who knows Him and has a personal relationship with Him in Jesus’ name
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;(Philippians 3:10, KJV).
23. Pray and ask the Lord to continue His work in you while you are still watching and waiting; He should prepare you for him as one without blemish in Jesus’ name.
24. Pray and ask that the Lord will help you accept whom He has prepared for you in Jesus’ name.
25. Pray and ask the Lord to open your eyes to what truly matters, that you would not be carried away by physical things in your choice of a husband in Jesus’ name.
26. Pray and ask the Lord to give you a man with a heart full of love and compassion for all, in Jesus’ name.
27. Pray that in finding a godly husband, you are led to a man who fears the Lord, loves the Lord and values His word above any other thing in Jesus’ name.
28. Pray and ask the Lord to surround you with godly counselors who will guide you into making a decision that pleases the Lord in Jesus’ name
Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.(Proverbs 15:22, KJV).
29. Pray that the Holy Spirit does not leave you to your own wit as you take this important decision that can make or mar you in Jesus’ name.
30. Pray and ask the Lord to help you not to be carried away by lust or any fleshly desires in your finding a godly husband in Jesus’ name
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.(James 1:14, KJV).
31. Pray and ask the Lord to orchestrate pleasant situations and circumstances that will make for you to meet His man for you, in Jesus’ name.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.(Psalm 23:5, KJV)
Now go ahead and thank the Lord for being a good God who gives good gifts to His children and never leaves them to their wit end, in Jesus name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For Family Protection And Guidance
Nonetheless exhaustive, these prayer points for finding a godly husband are just sufficient enough to help get started in prayer.
And you can be confident that as you do this, you will find that you are able to pray more the mind of God as the Holy Spirit grants unto you utterance and insights.
To be able to do this, you need to have learned and given enough time to praying in the Holy Ghost because this is when you are able to receive tailored-made prayer points that are specific to God’s mind for you in finding a godly husband.
It is the Holy Spirit that helps you pray the mind of God in all situation and help you pray sufficiently, satisfactorily and exhaustively on an issue before you have peace over it.
Thus, endeavor to pray in the Spirit always. (See Ephesians 6:18, NIV)
God bless you as you put all into practice.
All the best.
31 Great Prayer Points For Finding A Godly Husband
Our Most Popular Content
- 23 Strong Prayer Points For Breakthrough (With Bible Verses)
- 31 Earnest Prayer Points For Beginning Of A New Month
- 17 Strong Prayer Points For Church Growth And Revival
- 26 Great Opening Prayer Points For Church Service
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Restoration (With Bible Verses)
- 43 Strong Spiritual Warfare Prayer Points With Scriptures
- 13 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For The Church
- 17 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For Sunday Service
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Family (With Bible Verses)
- 23 Scriptural Prayer Points For Mercy (With Bible Verses)
In God's Hands Prayer
Father, I place my quest to find my husband in Your hands. I give my future marriage to You because Your word stated that I must ask and it shall be given to me, I must seek, and I will find and when I know it shall be opened to me. Lord, I ask that You guide me to the man You want me to marry.
Give me the light of Your grace, that I may decide wisely concerning the person who is to be my partner through life. Dearest Jesus, send me such a one whom in Your divine wisdom You judge best suited to be united with me in marriage. May his character reflect some of the traits of Your own Sacred Heart.How to trust God while waiting for a husband? ›
It's important to focus on God and all that he's called you to as a single woman instead of obsessing over meeting your future husband. Your life doesn't start when you get married – you have purpose right now and God wants you to get moving. Pray and consider what God has called you to in this season.What does the Bible say about waiting for a husband? ›
“Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.” Psalm 37:7. Secret envy makes me restless as I see others who don't know you happy with a husband.How do I ask God to reveal my future husband? ›
Father God, I come before You today with a heart full of hope and a desire for a future husband who will serve Your calling and purpose in his life. I ask that You guide my steps and lead me to the man You have chosen for me, one who will love and honor You above all else.Can you pray for a man to be your husband? ›
You can pray for a specific guy to be your husband. However, it is isn't the right person for you, God will reveal to you or him that this relationship is not “the one.” It was that way with my previous boyfriend. We were hanging on because we didn't want to be without a special someone to belong to.How do I know if God gave me a husband? ›
A clear sign that God has sent someone your way is that they respect your wishes and desires. They don't impose their wants unto you and they ask about what you want rather than always desiring things to be done their way.How do you stay pure while waiting for marriage? ›
- Always be on guard. Don't think that it can't happen to you. ...
- Date with purpose. Dating is an avenue toward marriage. ...
- Set boundaries. ...
- Have accountability. ...
- When temptation comes, RUN. ...
- Realize the cost.
Jesus told His disciples they “always ought to pray and not lose heart.” It's never too soon, or too late, to start. God is able to bring you a husband. But even more remarkably, if He doesn't, He is able to hold you fast and keep you trusting Him and believing that He is good.What Scripture says about praying for future husband? ›
Matthew 6:33 “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” As a wife in waiting, you need to be in prayer that your future husband is, above everything else, seeking Christ and His Kingdom FIRST in his life.
"Then the Lord God said, 'It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.'" The Good News: Most of us are meant to live our lives with a partner by our side.
Song of Solomon 3:4: … I have found the one whom my soul loves… Proverbs 31:10: Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. Mark 10:9: Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.Which saint do you pray to to find a spouse? ›
We've noted previously that St. Joseph is one of three saints considered to be a patron saint of matchmaking. This makes him an ideal candidate for a novena for "waiting for God to send me a husband"! After all, he was the head of the Holy Family and foster-father to the Son of God, the Child Jesus!What does God say about praying for a husband? ›
His Heart (Proverbs 4:23): Pray for your husband's heart, that he would guard it, for from it flow the springs of life. His Future (Psalm 119:105): Pray for your husband's future, that God's word would be a lamp to his feet and a light to his path, guiding him in every decision he makes.How do you ask God for a life partner? ›
Prayer For For A Life Partner
Almighty Father, thank you. You know the deep longings of my heart and You know what is best for me in life. Lord, help me as I desire a good companion in life. If it is Your will, guide me, Lord, to the partner You have chosen for them.
Praying to the saint of miracles, St. Anthony of Padua, protector of lovers, allows us to confide in him our desire to find love. Whether we aren't married and looking for a spouse, a fiance preparing for marriage or a couple experiencing conjugual difficulties, let us ask St. Anthony for guidance in finding love.